Heath Ducker overcame a Dickensian childhood, to achieve professional and personal success.
Heath is an author, lawyer and CEO of the Youth Insearch Foundation. He’s a professional public speaker, having addressed audiences all over Australia and overseas. His most recent speech was to the Australian Family Law Conference, on Children and the Family Law System.
Heath was Advisor to the NSW Attorney General from 2009 to 2011. He was a Lawyer with international law firm, Dentons, from 2006 to 2009, and at the United Nations Special Consultative Body, the South Asian Human Rights Documentation Centre in India, in 2005.
Heath led treks across the Kokoda Trail for Adventure Kokoda from 2003-2005. He was Executive Officer upon Australia’s Tall Sailing Ship the Young Endeavour in 2004, the Co-Founder and Coordinator of the Young Insearch Project from 1997 to 2000 and Leader of the team that established Youth Insearch in New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
Heath’s story was featured on the ABC’s Australian Story in 2006 (introduced by Prime Minister John Howard) and his Autobiography, “A Room at the Top” (forward written by Prime Minister Kevin Rudd) was published by Random House in 2009.
Heath’s other achievements include appearances on the:
- ABC’s Q&A as a panel member
- Channel 7’s Sunrise & The Morning Show with Kerrie-Ann
- ABC Radio National, Life Matters & Mornings with Geraldine Doogue
- Books “100 to1 an Australian Journey” and “Mosaic”
- Several other radio, TV, newspaper appearances
- As a Youth Advocate, Heath held audiences with the Prime Minister Howard, and the Premier of NSW Bob Carr.
- Heath is a recipient of the Australian Davos Australian Leadership Award, presented to him by Prime Minister Kevin Rudd.